Bean Mix on Toast – the Mediterranean edition
New week, new ingredient – and this time it’s the fabulous Mediterranean Bean Mix from the latest Epicure collection.
Now… we all love some nice beans on toast – especially when we’re on the run and just looking for a quick and easy breakfast/brunch. But this is not your usual bean mix on toast situation. This is something rather special. Can you hear the drumrolls?
Enter: the Mediterranean Bean Mix on Sweet Potato Toast. Yes, you’ve read that well: this is the latest fusion between beans on toast and the jacket potato topped with baked beans. It took me a while to come up with this idea, but when I did… I instantly knew that it will be a success. So allow me to share it with you.
To start with, I am using the Epicure Mediterranean Bean Mix as a cold topping . The bean mix comes already seasoned with extra virgin olive oil, so I have only added a touch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Also, some herbs (thyme and parsley are my favourites) and a finely diced red pepper – just to bring some extra flavour to the bean mix. As for the toast: thin slices of sweet potato, seasoned with salt, black pepper, olive oil and plenty of thyme. Roast in the hot oven until golden and ready to plate up.
Mediterranean Bean Mix on Toast
- 8 slices sweet potato
- 350 g Epicure Mediterranean Bean Mix
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- olive oil extra virgin
- fresh herbs thyme, parsley
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Place the sweet potato slices on a roasting tin.Season with salt, black pepper, olive oil and fresh thyme.
- Roast at 180C for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the chopped red pepper to the Mediterranean Bean Mix.Season with olive oil, fresh herbs and salt.
- To serve, place 2 slices of sweet potato on each plate and a generous spoonful of the bean mix on top.
The Epicure Mediterranean Bean Mix is this week’s star of the Ingredient of the Week Challenge hosted on Instagram. So feel free to tag me @mintandrosemary and @EpicureCooks if you want to recreate this recipe or if you wish to share your own recipe creation. Remember to use the hashtags: #TheWeeklyIngredientbyAndra and #BeEpicurious. The Epicure Mediterranean Bean Mix and other products are available at Ocado.