Oh no, not another pasta recipe – said no one, ever. Seriously now… If you search for ‘spaghetti with prawns’ online you will be surprised to find that there are 35 million results. 35. Million. Which begs two questions. First: is there anyone out there who hasn’t yet cooked this? Come on, don’t be shy, raise your hand, leave a comment, a five star rating, an emoji – anything. Second: why would the internet need the 35,000,001st spaghetti with prawns recipe? Well, I have’t yet figured out the answer to that – so here’s mine. Enjoy!
Spaghetti with Prawns
- 300 g spaghetti
- 150 g fresh prawns
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 100 g cherry tomatoes halved
- fresh parsley
- olive oil extra virgin
- Cook the spaghetti in salted, boiling water for 10 minutes or according to instructions on the packaging.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and fry the prawns on high heat. Take the prawns out on a kitchen towel.
- Reduce the heat, add an extra glug of olive oil in the same pan, then add the chopped garlic and tomatoes. Season with salt and cook on ow heat until the tomatoes are soft.
- Thransfer the cooked spaghetti in the pan and add the prawns.
- Add a ladle of the pasta water and continue cooking for a couple of minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped fresh parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
For more recipes and foodie inspiration follow me on Instagram at @mintandrosemary.
And if you’re looking for new kitchen tools or gadgets, head over to my Amazon Influencer page for a list of carefully curated tools, utensils and cookery books. Do feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions, or if you’re looking to get a new kitchen tool/utensil/gadget. I’ll be happy to help!
Asparagus is now in full season and there’s a delicious asparagus crostini recipe here – check it out!