A reach, creamy and indulgent omelette, ideal for a late breakfast or brunch
Have I told you how much I love breakfast? Late breakfast – to be precise. Oh, but I guess I did told you about that matter in a previous post, the one with eggs in tomato nests. Well …anyway, you got the point, right? So, while still enjoying the winter holidays, I had indulged myself with this lovely, creamy, cheesy, beautifully colored omelette. I liked it so much, that I could eat one for lunch aswell, but then I reminded that tomorrow will be another late lovely morning, so I decided to wait. Until tomorrow then, here is the recipe for this creamy and indulgent omelette.
French brie and chives omelette
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- 4 slices of french brie cheese
- a knob of butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat a small non-stick pan on medium heath, and let the butter melt.
- Separately, beat the eggs in a small bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- When the butter is melted, gently add the eggs and allow them to cook slowly, using a wooden spoon or a spatula to push the eggs from the edges of the pan to the center.
- Add the french brie slices on the top and cover with a lid for about 2 minutes, until the eggs are done and the cheese starts to melt.
- Fold the omelette in half from the middle, let it cook for another minute and then remove the pan from the heath.
- To serve, just add some fresly ground black pepper and fresh chopped chives.