Strawberry and Gorgonzola Crostini
Get the party started!
Crispy grilled baguette, soft and silky Gorgonzola mousse, fresh strawberries, a hint of thyme and a touch of bold, zingy balsamic glaze – what else could you need to get the party started?
So, it’s strawberry season again, and I could’t be happier. These little bags rich with natural sweetness and spring perfume are perfect for every time of the day. You can have them for breakfast, over a bowl of porridge, or on top of a stack of pancakes, and maybe for lunch as a refreshing desert. Strawberries are also great at parties: serve them plain, over a flute of prosecco, or accompanied by freshly whipped cream. If you would like a more sophisticated party starter, then look no further: these strawberry and gorgonzola crostini may be just perfect. Crispy grilled baguette, soft and silky Gorgonzola mousse, fresh strawberries, a hint of thyme and a touch of smooth, velvety balsamic glaze from Maille – what else could you need to get the party started?
Strawberry and Gorgonzola Crostini with Balsamic Glaze and Thyme
- 8 slices of bread baguette is recommended, grilled
- 50 grams Gorgonzola cheese
- 150 ml double cream
- 8-12 fresh strawberries sliced
- fresh thyme - to garnish
- Aceto Balsamico di Modena Vinegar Glaze from Maille - to garnish
For the Gorgonzola mousse:
- Crumble the Gorgonzola cheese into the bowl of a food processor, add the cream and process until completely smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Spoon a generous amount of Gorgonzola mousse over every slice of bread, top with slices of straberries, then add a spring of fresh thyme and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar glaze.